Jubilee Christian Church was founded by Bishop Gideon Thompson and his wife, Pastor Yvonne Thompson almost 40 years ago when they felt the call of the Lord to the New England area. Together, they went on to build a spirit filled ministry that started off as a few dozen people in the seats of the Strand Theater and is now a flourishing, international ministry based out of a converted supermarket on Blue Hill Ave. Today, Jubilee is led by Senior Pastors Matthew and Mona Thompson, a couple committed to building a ‘Church Without Walls” through preaching, teaching and service to the community. Together they oversee 3 locations; Boston, Stoughton and Worcester.
OUR MISSION STATEMENT
We are a House of Prayer called to Encounter God, Empower Believers, Equip Disciples and Expand in Community.
We can do more together than we can ever do apart. Agreement is a place of power.
I appeal to you, brothers, by the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that all of you agree, and that there be no divisions among you, but that you be united in the same mind and the same judgment. 1 Corinthians 1:10
We honor up, we honor down, we honor all the way around.
Be devoted to one another in love. Honor one another above yourselves. Romans 12:10
We strive to be spiritually, physically, financially, and emotionally healthy.
Therefore, I urge you, brothers and sisters, in view of God’s mercy, to offer your bodies as a living sacrifice, holy and pleasing to God—this is your true and proper worship. Romans 12:1
BLESSED TO BE A BLESSING
We are generous givers who aim to give more than we receive.
Do not neglect to do good and to share what you have, for such sacrifices are pleasing to God. Hebrews 13:16
We prioritize family over everything. After God and ourselves it’s Family. Family is the main thing. We keep the main thing the main thing.
But if a man does not know how to manage his own household, how will he take care of the church of God? 1 Timothy 3:5
CLEAN HANDS PURE HEART
We strive to exercise good character and integrity in all we do.
Who may ascend the hill of the LORD? Who may stand in His holy place? He who has clean hands and a pure heart. Psalm 24:4
THIS IS HOME
We welcome everyone with love and kindness… this is family and we do life together.
Above all, keep loving one another earnestly, since love covers a multitude of sins. 1 Peter 4:8
HOUSE OF PRAYER
We pray before, we pray during, we pray after. We are a praying church.
Even them I will bring to My holy mountain, and make them joyful in My house of prayer. Their burnt offerings and their sacrifices will be accepted on My altar; for My house shall be called a house of prayer for all nations. Isaiah 56:7
We shift atmospheres anywhere we go, with our worship and our unwavering stance on the truth of God’s word.
Yet a time is coming and has now come when the true worshipers will worship the Father in the Spirit and in truth, for they are the kind of worshipers the Father seeks. God is spirit, and his worshipers must worship in the Spirit and in truth John 4:23-24
ANYTHING IS POSSIBLE
We dream big. All things are possible with God.
Jesus looked at them and said, “With man this is impossible, but with God all things are possible.” Matthew 19:26
We live every day with the past, present and future generations in mind.
One generation shall commend your works to another, and shall declare your mighty acts. Psalm 145:4
RAISE THE BAR
We aim to serve God with excellence in all that we do.
Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart, as working for the Lord, not for human masters, - Colossians 3:23
WHAT WE BELIEVE
The teaching of this ministry, follow the fundamental truths of Christian orthodoxy outlined in the following statements:
1. We believe that the Scripture, Old and New Testaments, are God-breathed: that by the supernatural influence of the Holy Spirit, the biblical writers wrote the divine, trustworthy, and authoritative Word of God, the only rule of faith and practice (Matthew 5:18; 24:35; 2 Timothy 3:16; 2 Peter 1:20-21).
2. We believe in the one true God who has revealed Himself as eternally existing in three persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit; distinguishable yet indivisible (Deuteronomy 6:4; Matthew 28:19; Luke 3:21-22; 2 Corinthians 13:14)
3. We believe in the Incarnation: the deity of Jesus Christ of Nazareth- That He is Lord, the Son of the living God, was conceived by the Holy Spirit, born of the virgin Mary, and is truly man (Luke 1:26-35; John 1:1, 14,18; Isaiah 7:14; 9:6; Philippians 2:5-11; Revelation 1:7-8; 22:2-13,16).
4. We believe that mankind was originally created by God in His image, fell into sin through disobedience, marred God’s image, plunged all of creation into depravity, and made it impossible for man to save himself (Genesis 1:27; 3; Romans 5:12).
5. We believe in the Substitutionary Atonement: that Jesus, the Christ died on the Cross for our sins, obtained eternal redemption for us, was buried, and was raised bodily from the dead on the third day, fulfilling Old Testament prophecy and appeared to His disciples (Isaiah 53; Luke 24:1-3; Acts 1:1-3; 2:22-36; 1 Corinthians 15:1-8; Hebrews9: 12-14).
6. We believe that Jesus of Nazareth ascended bodily into heaven, was exalted to the right hand of the Father, and that He will literally and physically return the second time for the Church (John 14:2-3; Acts 1:9-11; Philippians 2:9-11; 1 Thessalonians 4:13- 5:11; Hebrews 9:28).
7. We believe that the personal salvation of the repentant sinner, by grace through faith in the finished work of Christ on the Cross, produces the “Abundant Life” (Isaiah 53:4-5; Matthew 8:16-17; John 10:10; 19:30; Acts 17:30-31; Romans 5:1-2; Ephesians 2:8-9; 1 Peter 2:24).
8. We believe in water baptism by immersion, as an obedient response of the believer to the command of the Lord (Matthew 28:19; Acts 2:38; 19:1-5).
9. We believe in the baptism with the Holy Spirit, the promise of the Father for empowering believers to witness about Christ (Luke 24:49, Acts 1:4-8; 2:1-4).
10. We believe that speaking in other tongues is an initial manifestation of the Baptism with the Holy Spirit that every believer has a right to accept, and that the charismatic gifts of the Holy Spirit are to operate in the local church until Jesus returns (Acts 2:4; 10:44-46; 19:6; Romans 12:6- 8; 1 Corinthians 12:8-10; Ephesians 4:11).
11. We believe in the local church as primary instruments of God in the earth to disciple men, and to establish the kingdom of God through prayer, fellowship, and the ministry of the Word (Matthew 28:19-20; Acts 2:42-47; 6:4; 20:28; Ephesians 4:11-16; 2 Timothy 2:2; Hebrews 10:25).
12. We believe that on the “Last Day”: Jesus will return in the “Second Coming,” there will be a resurrection of the dead including the righteous and the wicked, and after judgment the righteous will be rewarded, but the wicked will be punished (Daniel 12:2; John 5:28- 29; 6:39- 40, 44, 54; 11:24; Acts 24:15; 1 Corinthians 15:51-52; 1 Thessalonians4: 16- 5:11; Revelation20: 11-15; cf. also Matthew 25:31-46).